Published: July 7, 2020 11:20:25 pm
Chocolates are the most popular dessert across the globe and can be used to make all kinds of sumptuous desserts. World Chocolate Day is celebrated every year on July 7 to signify the time chocolates were introduced in Europe in the 1500s.
Especially in this lockdown, we have seen people going overboard with cake and cookie recipes. Right from two-ingredient cakes, mug cakes to elaborate cakes, social media feeds were full of delectable pictures. Amidst the trend, try out this dark chocolate cake.
ALSO READ | World Chocolate Day: 3 easy face masks you can make at home to celebrate your skin
60 ml – Coffee
25g – Sugar
3 – Eggs
60 ml – cream
125g – Cocoa dark chocolate
100g – Flour
20g – Cocoa
75g – Butter vanilla extract
For the ganache cream
* Whisk the two egg yolks with the sugar until they are pale and creamy.
* Bring the cream to a boil.
* Add the whisked yolks and cook up to a temperature of 90°C.
* Add the coffee and stir well.
* Pour the mixture over the finely chopped chocolate.
* Stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
* Cool in the refrigerator.
ALSO READ | Happy World Chocolate Day 2020: Wishes, images, quotes, status, messages, and photos
For the dough
* Dice the butter and bring it to room temperature.
* Make a well in the flour and cocoa.
* Put the butter, sugar and egg into the well.
* Mix the ingredients and then add the flour until you obtain a smooth dough. Refrigerate for one hour.
* Spread the dough over the base and up the edges of your cake tin.
* Use a fork to prick the bottom of the tart.
* Bake in a non-ventilated oven at 180°C for 18 minutes.
* Allow it to cool.
* Using a piping bag, fill the tart with the warm ganache cream.
* Refrigerate until the cream is completely cool.
* Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
For all the latest Lifestyle News, download Indian Express App.
© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd